24 Hour Family Course
“As a father of three young boys I love sharing my survival techniques and going on family adventures together. It is not only exciting and fun but teaches them useful life and outdoor skills and what it really means to be able to look after yourself when the chips are down. So it is with great pride that we can now launch our 24 Hour Family Course as a great opportunity for parents to share these experiences with their children together.”
The Bear Grylls Survival Academy is a rare chance for a lucky few outdoor enthusiasts from around the globe to learn Bear’s extreme survival techniques. Launched in November 2012 the Bear Grylls Survival Academy is proud to launch a new addition to its course structure, a 24 Hour Family Course designed to inspire fathers and sons, mothers and daughters.
The 24 Hour Family Course will comprise of a combination of survival skills and adventure tasks designed to put the enrolees to the test. The course will run on private land in Brook, Surrey, just outside London, across varied woodland, heathland and water terrain. Techniques taught will include learning how to build and light a fire, how to navigate at night, best ways to use a knife for survival, foraging for grubs and rodents, building a shelter, extreme weather survival and river crossings. On day two of the course the enrolees will epitomise Bear’s ethos of self-rescue by crossing difficult and challenging terrain back to captivity. The Academy has been designed for parents and 10-17 year old children by Bear Grylls and will be run by his close team of highly trained experts. It is the perfect opportunity to bring family members together to share a truly memorable and fun experience.
Bear Grylls has become known around the world as the most recognized face of survival and outdoor adventure, with experience gained during his seven seasons of Man vs. Wild/Born Survivor and the many skills learnt from his time with the British Reserve Special Forces.
These are just some of the many abilities you will gain during ’24 Hour Family Survival Course’ from the Bear Grylls Survival Academy.
- River crossings
- Water purification
- Fire building
- Build emergency shelters
- Navigate harsh terrain by day and night
- Rope skills – crossing difficult terrain
- Survival knife skills
Please note – all activities are weather dependent and may be affected by other factors beyond our control. The course schedule and content may be re-arranged or amended as of short notice and cannot be guaranteed.
About the course:
- The Bear Grylls Survival Academy 24 Hour Family Course will run from midday – midday,
- Course comprises an intensive survival skills course as outlined above with overnight stay in shelter
- On completion of the course enrollees will receive a Bear Grylls Survival Academy badge and certificate
- All meals, selected kit & accommodation included during course
- Limited to 12 places (6 Pairs)
- Cost is £429 for two places child & adult, children must be aged between 10-17 years and both parties must be physically active
- Bear Grylls Survival Academy are reserving 1 placement per course for an adult with 2 children between 10-17yrs. Places are strictly limited, please ask a member of the team for current availability and pricing.
Bear Grylls Survival Academy 24hr Family Survival course costs from £429 for a pair comprising of 1 adult and 1 child. Prices are inclusive of accommodation and meals but exclude flights and transfers. APPLY NOW! and take your first step into the unknown…….